Keyboard character access for lxpanel menu?

All questions and problems regarding the installation and upgrades of LXDE from USB Stick, Live CD or Web.
jonnycat

Keyboard character access for lxpanel menu?

Post by jonnycat »

Hello, I am trying to figure out how to get keyboard character access for the lxpanel menu. While I currently have a shortcut to open up the menu (lxpanelctl menu), I am still limited to navigating the menu with the cursor keys or the mouse.

What I would like to do is be able to access menu entries with keyboard characters. For instance, with an open menu, pressing "G" would highlight the "Graphics" category, and pressing "G" again would highlight "Gimp", followed by pressing "Enter" to open Gimp.

Is something like this possible to set up in LXDE? Thanks for your suggestions!
Rex Bouwense

Re: Keyboard character access for lxpanel menu?

Post by Rex Bouwense »

I am not sure if what you want to do is possible but you currently have the capability to launch an application with the up and down, and left and right arrows and then enter. Obviously, that is not exactly what you want. Perhaps there is someone on this forum who might know how to do that or if it is even possible.
Rex
jonnycat

Re: Keyboard character access for lxpanel menu?

Post by jonnycat »

Hi Rex, yes, I can use the cursor keys, but I need to be able to use character keys to access the menu. Maybe there is another menu system that I could install into LXDE?

Thanks!