pcmanfm not open to connect USB

All questions and problems regarding the installation and upgrades of LXDE from USB Stick, Live CD or Web.
epicteto

pcmanfm not open to connect USB

Post by epicteto »

Hello. I upgraded from Wheezy Jessie renaming the repository and doing dist-upgrade.

Now LXDE mounts when I plug USB devices, but does not open pcmanfm to do it and therefore I can not unmount from pcmanfm.

Earlier in Wheezy, pcmanfm showed me that I have two partitions on the HD ... and now it does
Rex Bouwense

Re: pcmanfm not open to connect USB

Post by Rex Bouwense »

Welcome to the LXDE forum. Could you please rephrase your question. LXDE is a desktop environment. You do not mount it. Do you mean that PCManFM does not open when you mount a USB device (like a flash drive)? Does it indicate that the device is mounted when you launch PCManFM? Can you unmount the device from there after you have launched it? Additional information is required.
Rex
drooly

Post by drooly »

he/she/other uses debian and has "upgraded" it from stable to testing by changing the repo sources.
that is common practice, but it is also common practice to warn people not to do that if they're not confident enough to deal with the consequences.

in other words: upgrading from stable to testing is likely to break your system!
don't do it if you don't know what you're doing!
post on debian forums, because this is debian specific!

the resulting problem seems to have something to do with passwordless un/mounting which, afaik, is done by polkit et.al.
Rex Bouwense

Post by Rex Bouwense »

Thanks drooly. I guess I didn't understand what was being asked. :oops:
Rex