CrunchBang theme

Questions concerning LXDE themes, interface design, posters, logos and images. If you would like to help with design related tasks of LXDE, please join the Design Project and subscribe to the design mailing list.
Chriswaterguy

CrunchBang theme

Post by Chriswaterguy »

Personally I really like the look of CrunchBang Linux. It uses OpenBox with its own sleek, minimalist look.

I'm on CrunchBang 8.10 (i.e. I haven't upgraded) and the default theme (via lxappearance) seems to be Raleigh. It uses something called Nitrogen to handle the wallpaper, and conky to display system info on the desktop. My desktop looks like this.

The dark look offsets the slightly clunky appearance of Openbox windows, I think.

Maybe there's something here that's useful for LXDE?
maces

Re: CrunchBang theme

Post by maces »

Hi,

this looks nice. Could you post a link to the sources of the theme? Would be interesting for everyone who likes dark themes.

maces
shafir

Re: CrunchBang theme

Post by shafir »

That is an excellent point to make and i am well aware of this. i know some feature requests such as better themes are very risky, and i do like how lxde is very lightweight.

i think what needs to be kept in mind is you can add all the features out there, you could make everything 3d with very high resolution textures and lots of special effects but they should be optional and separate from the DE. the problem with gnome and kde is they're packed with integrated features, some of which you can disable but they still consume memory and cpu usage whether you use them or not. although integration is part of what makes things stable and more effective, i feel lxde should have features such as a SEPARATE memory graph (not built into the cpu graph) and all tools with it are completely independent of themselves but directly targets lxde. that way, people don't HAVE to use up so much hdd space and ram for something that they must install. also as i see it, if you're going to do something like a resource monitor, you might as well go all-out on it.