Drag and drop taskbar for LXPanel?

The standard panel of LXDE - http://wiki.lxde.org/en/LXPanel
Rex Bouwense

Re: Drag and drop taskbar for LXPanel?

Post by Rex Bouwense »

That is cool vlad88. You are very fortunate. You found something that you didn't like, worked up a solution, submitted it, and had it accepted. All within the space of the release of one version. Good work.
Rex
IgeL

Post by IgeL »

I registered just to post this - thanks a lot vlad88! Amazing work on the feature, and more importantly for me, on the patch script! I just installed Peppermint 5 that uses LXPanel, and was having a hard time adjusting to the fact it wasn't able to drag and drop program windows, threw me back to the Windows XP era where you had to open programs in the specific order you wanted them to appear... But thanks to the patch, I'm now able to rearrange them as I want. The script worked perfect (had to boot to get the Peppermint menu icon back but that's what I was expecting). Awesome work, thank you so much. :)
Rex Bouwense

Post by Rex Bouwense »

Welcome to the LXDE forum IgeL. We are glad that someone one the forum did something that helped you. You could stick around and provide help to others if you have the time and the inclination. We are a small forum only dealing with a desktop and an even smaller group of active participants. All help is welcome.
Rex
pakrat

Post by pakrat »

vlad88 wrote:Luckily it was very easy to recreate the patch. I have submitted the patches today. They are here:
https://sourceforge.net/p/lxde/patches/474/ ...
I registered here just to say thanks for drag-n-drop patch to lxpanel. It was my only downer about LXDE, now it's fixed!!!!! Lol

By the way I run LXDE on top of Kubuntu and it's the best thing I've seen of all Linux distros I've tried. All the cool KDE stuff (Konsole, Dolphin, Choqok, etc) with the lightweight fast LXDE desktop. Only takes 136 mb!!!!