Desktop Pager not displaying windows correctly

The standard panel of LXDE - http://wiki.lxde.org/en/LXPanel
tod222

Desktop Pager not displaying windows correctly

Post by tod222 »

All,

Desktop Pager's display for each desktop does not correctly show the appearance of its associated desktop. Windows are often missing causing Desktop Pager to show the desktop as blank.

The cause may be that there seems to be a random chance that windows are drawn on Desktop 1 instead of the correct desktop.

This is on Ubuntu proper; I'm not using Lubuntu. (I installed lxde as an alternative to Gnome Classic, which itself was an alternative to Unity.)

lxde 0.5.0-4ubuntu3

Bug(s) involving incorrect pager displays have been reported several times in the past, see:

lxpanel's desktop pager has a bug
Pager not showing windows on non-active desktop
Desktop Pager does not show windows
Pager refreshing problems on 64-bit os

It appears that a form of this bug still exists.
KranthiKatikala

Re: Desktop Pager not displaying windows correctly

Post by KranthiKatikala »

Same thing for fedora lxde 17.
Rex Bouwense

Post by Rex Bouwense »

This is interesting. I am using Lubuntu which of course is LXDE, and the problem has not appeared. I have tried to duplicate it by loading up the desktops with open applications but it doesn't seem to make any difference. Does this thing occur at random or can you replicate it at will? I read the previous posts that you provided and all are at least two years old. One even suggests that a solution was provided by a later release. Which version of lxpanel are you using? Mine is 0.5.8.
Rex
salleee

Post by salleee »

I have exactly the same problem on the latest Fedora 20 LXDE (32bit).
An application window will open on the current desktop, but the Desktop Pager will show it on the first desktop. This doesn't happen every time, but still quite often. I haven't yet noticed a pattern but I'll keep my eye out for one.
When it does occur, the Pager can be corrected by a quick Shift-Alt-Left, Shift-Alt-Right, but if you don't notice the bug at the time it can be quite confusing.
drooly

Post by drooly »

i have used lxpanel quite long until recently, and iirc it has an additional panel item called "wnck pager" which works much better than the default.
why the default hasn't simply been replaced with the better one is beyond me.
LStranger

Post by LStranger »

The default pager in LXPanel 0.7.0 is now the former wnckpager which got required improvements so all the problems are hopefully fixed, pager has correct appearance and supports drag and drop.
maxchen

Post by maxchen »

I am using Lubuntu 14.04.1 and LXPanel 0.7.0, yeah, this bug is fixed.