How to create symbolic link in PCManFM?

The dedicated forum for PCMan File Manager - http://wiki.lxde.org/en/PCManFM
mb36

How to create symbolic link in PCManFM?

Post by mb36 »

I am a happy lubuntu 12.10 user, and I have seen in an LXDE blog post that PCManFM 1.x would let you create symbolic links. But now that I have it installed I can't figure out how to do this. So maybe this functionality was never implemented?

Thanks for your replies, and thanks for LXDE in general! My previous problem from Lubuntu 12.04 with PCManFM crashing on double clicks is completely gone. That it great because it was growing into a bit of a deal breaker.
Last edited by mb36 on Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rex Bouwense

Re: How to create symbolic link in PCManFM?

Post by Rex Bouwense »

Out of curiosity where did you find this information? Could you please post the web site address to the particular blog. Thank you.
Rex
mb36

Post by mb36 »

Rex Bouwense

Post by Rex Bouwense »

Well, the PCManFM that came with 12.10 is definitely 1.0.1 and I don't see where to do it. Thanks for the site but as you already know that isn't any help. Definitely keep this thread open. I am sure that someone with a lot more smarts than I have will come along and provide a solution that will satisfy you. By the way welcome to the lxde forums.
Rex
Rex Bouwense

Post by Rex Bouwense »

Does this site help you?
http://lxlinux.com/#11
Rex
mb36

Post by mb36 »

Thanks, interesting link but not really answering my question. I am rather looking for something like "Right-click --> create symbolic link" like in Nautilus. That's how I understood the blog post.
LStranger

Post by LStranger »

You should use drag and drop with Shift+Ctrl pressed to get a symbolic link created. Thank you.
peebee

Post by peebee »

LStranger wrote:You should use drag and drop with Shift+Ctrl pressed to get a symbolic link created. Thank you.
Thanks LStranger - that bit of info makes joining this forum worthwhile. :D

A suggestion - perhaps this keyboard shortcut could be added to the list under pcmanfm help to make it easier to find??

Thanks
PeeBee
Last edited by peebee on Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rex Bouwense

Post by Rex Bouwense »

Welcome to the lxde forum. Unfortunately, if you have a suggestion for improvement, it will probably not be noticed by the developers if it is posted here. Please read the third thread under announcements.
http://forum.lxde.org/viewtopic.php?f=0&t=575
Since the team that actually does the developing is very small, they rarely look at this forum. Us folks here are all volunteers like all other forums.
Rex