PCManFM Lxshortcut context menu integration

The dedicated forum for PCMan File Manager - http://wiki.lxde.org/en/PCManFM
PCNetSpec

PCManFM Lxshortcut context menu integration

Post by PCNetSpec »

Can someone tell me exactly what is required for lxshortcut integration in the (LXDE) pcmanfm desktop right-click context menu ?
(or in which config files the "Create New > Shortcut" menu item is defined)

Peppermint 4 uses pcmanfm/libfm 1.1.2 and lxshortcut 0.1.2 .. yet there's no "Create New > Shortcut" menu item when you right-click on the desktop .. just "Folder" and "Empty File"

Extra info - Peppermint 4 uses the xfwm4 window manager, and a lot of the openbox stuff has been removed.

What's got me baffled is it works in Lubuntu, so why not Peppermint .. I thought that context menu item was hard coded into pcmanfm/libfm so where is it ?

I figured it MUST have something to do with openbox (even though it's not the openbox menu) .. so I installed it .. still missing :roll:

I wrote a script to provide the same functionality only to discover there's no way to add it to pcmanfm's context menu's .. ~/Templates will only "create" files, there's no way that I can find to run a script from there.

Currently banging my head against a wall with this ..
LStranger

Re: PCManFM Lxshortcut context menu integration

Post by LStranger »

The original code of libfm 1.1.2 contains the mentioned menu item. Either they supplied another version, or they patched it removing the option.

The version 1.2.0 (which is in pre-release testing now) contains much bigger support for shortcuts (even new much more advanced lxshortcut is just a function of libfm now) and allows you create shortcuts on desktop for nearly anything (including such things as web links for example), and also it contains full templates support and creating a shortcut may be done from template via 'Create New->Shortcut' as well, you need ~/Templates/Shortcut.desktop for that:

Code: Select all

[Desktop Entry]
Type=Application
or just create an empty file instead. After creation just open Properties of that file and edit all of them.