PCManFM & Open as root

The dedicated forum for PCMan File Manager - http://wiki.lxde.org/en/PCManFM
seppalta

Re: PCManFM & Open as root

Post by seppalta »

For Debian-based, non-Ubuntu distributions this does not work as presented for Pcmanfm 1.2.0. It can be altered to partially work,that is, right clicking on a folder will present the option "open as root". The problem is that regardless of the folder at which you are aiming, clicking "open as root" always opens your home folder (as root). Of course, you can then navigate to the desired folder and open it (as root). This is inferior to what I described above, creating a psmanfm-root, because there the "open with" option will offer pcmanfm-root which will open the desired folder immediately (as root).
rbdflyboy

Post by rbdflyboy »

It's been a real fight last couple days...want to appologize for loosing it. Happened to remember Nemo from the "other" OS. Installed it thru synaptic and it went great until deciding to install the rest of the packages...big mistake. Wound up in Open Box for two days...lol. Guess my USB was broken and couldn't do a reinstall. A friend lent me her computer and a new stick...we're back. So now can actually do things without getting "you do not have permission" every time. Can do some of the things suggested in the very good Linux LXDE Guide. Have absolutely no problem with Lubuntu...they must needs do something with pcmanfm...
we're not all children here.
This one is solved...one must invoke Nemo from the lxterminal, other than that, good to go. Going to leave pcmanfm intact because the understaing is it's intergraded and presently not up for another fight. ;)
LStranger

Post by LStranger »

So sad... so many people complained about this feature, and still nobody found any desire to RTFM, I mean XDG Desktop Entry Specification. The desktop file at Wiki had some funny thing - wrong letter in the Exec key. And still nobody... such a shame... I'm sorry for you, people, I'm really sorry.