problem in lxappearance

All questions and problems regarding LXDE components including LXSession, LXAppearance, GPicView, Leafpad, LXTerminal, Xarchiver, LXNM to be discussed here.

For PCManFM questions, please ask in the dedicated forum below.
foozzi

problem in lxappearance

Post by foozzi »

hi
I have Debian Sid (unstable)
when trying to run lxappearance shows errors and nothing happens... look:

Code: Select all

# lxappearance
(lxappearance:3565): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_unref: assertion `G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed
(lxappearance:3565): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_unref: assertion `G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed
Segmentation Error
What to do?
OpenBox

Re: problem in lxappearance

Post by OpenBox »

Me too.

The number of flaws in LXDE just keep piling up and up.
Rex Bouwense

Post by Rex Bouwense »

The OP was using Debian Sid (unstable) and the post was 1 1/2 years old. Do you have a problem related to it? The post is probably overcome by events being as old as it is.
Rex
OpenBox

Post by OpenBox »

I am having the exact same problem with the same error verbose being produced, using lxappearance 0.5.2-4.
vasa1

Post by vasa1 »

Well, there's not much for the rest of us to go on with. Perhaps you could describe your system in some detail? OS, themes, etc.
Also, not that it may be significant, but OP ran lxappearance from root. I wonder why.
seppalta

Post by seppalta »

What happens when you run Preferences>Customize Look & Feel from the Main LXDE Menu?
OpenBox

Post by OpenBox »

I'm running lxappearance as a local user.
From the Menu there's no response, and executing from an X-terminal gives:

Code: Select all

GLib-GObject-CRITICAL, g_object_unref: assertion G_IS_OBJECT failed
Segmentation Fault
I've tested with a full load of GTK engines installed and have also removed all Themes. Same issue.
If I remove the obconf component of lxappearance, then lxappearance will run.

Were there some changes made to this applet recently?
seppalta

Post by seppalta »

I run Debian Testing (Jessie) and Sparky Linux (Debian Testing based) with lxappearance 5.2 and they all execute correctly, both from lxterminal and Customize Look & Feel. Similarly for a Crunchbang (Debian Testing based) install with lxappearance 5.1. Obconf 2.0.4 is installed in all 3. I do not think your problem is with the lxde desktop.
OpenBox

Post by OpenBox »

Further investigation into this suggests a possible solution.

Removing lxappearance-obconf (0.2.0.2) which is provided by my Fedora system resolves the problem with lxappearance Segmentation Fault.

Perhaps lxappearance-obconf needs to be updated on my system to (0.2.0.4). But you're running a testing Distro. Mine is meant to be Stable.