Skype window stuck in top left hand cnr of screen

All questions and problems regarding LXDE components including LXSession, LXAppearance, GPicView, Leafpad, LXTerminal, Xarchiver, LXNM to be discussed here.

For PCManFM questions, please ask in the dedicated forum below.
jbh911

Skype window stuck in top left hand cnr of screen

Post by jbh911 »

I'm running Lububtu LXDE 12.4.04 and the Skype window is stuck in the top left hand cnr of the screen to the extent that I can't see any items including my Skype name, any event contact details above. Because I can't access the top of the window I can't relocate the window!
I welcome any suggestions that can help me overcome this problem. ;)
Rex Bouwense

Re: Skype window stuck in top left hand cnr of screen

Post by Rex Bouwense »

Welcome to the LXDE forum. You can easily move (or should be able to move) the window by pressing Alt and holding it while you left click the window and then dragging it to where you want it. This happens occasionally when using a netbook with a small screen. By the way Lubuntu 12.04 has reached its End Of Life (EOL). While Ubuntu 12.04 is supported as a longterm release, Lubuntu is not. You will continue to receive security updates and patches for the Ubuntu core but not for the LXDE portion which of course makes Lubuntu Lubuntu. Recommend that you upgrade to 14.04 which was released last month.
Rex