LightDM ends vnc session after disconnection

All questions and problems regarding LXDE components including LXSession, LXAppearance, GPicView, Leafpad, LXTerminal, Xarchiver, LXNM to be discussed here.

For PCManFM questions, please ask in the dedicated forum below.
bagheera

LightDM ends vnc session after disconnection

Post by bagheera »

I have small headless server with debian and lxde installed. I would like to be able to perform some task over vnc sessions. LightDM - default login manager supports launching vnc server (tightvnc in that case). It works fine, new vnc connection spawns new x server and lightdm, i can log in into any user i desire.
The problem is, once vnc connection ends, x server created for that connection is being destroyed. I'm unable to resume it.
Is there a way to lock lxde session (not the screensaver) and go back to lightDM, so i could login back to my session (over new vnc connection in that case).
I would like to start lxde session, run some gui application, lock my session and disconnect, leaving my lxde session running, so i could resume the work later?

Is that possible in lxde and lighdm?
gamba47

Re: LightDM ends vnc session after disconnection

Post by gamba47 »

Hi i'm using this:

sudo mcedit /etc/init/x11vnc.conf

Code: Select all

start on login-session-start

script

/usr/bin/x11vnc -xkb -noxrecord -noxfixes -noxdamage -display :0 -auth /var/run/lightdm/root/:0 -forever -bg -o /var/log/x11vnc.log -rfbport 5900

end script 
Reboot your machine. Don't need to login to get this working.

Best regards.