Touchscreen how can I calibrate ??

Problems with hardware & laptops not being detected or supported during or after install.
digiteltlc

Touchscreen how can I calibrate ??

Post by digiteltlc »

Hi
New to this forum.

I just installed Ubuntu 12.10 armhf on a BeagleBone which is factory installed on a Ampire 640480G2 touchscreen
Installation works like a charm , so for the lightness of graphic interface I choosen LXDE

The graphic interface is OK It works correctly with a keyboard/mouse connected to USB port

The touchscreen works but X and Y axes are inverted ( moving finger to left , poiter goes right ; moving finger up , pointer goes down )

I've found no utility to calibrate touchscreen , and it seems unrecognised by system (despite it works some way...)

I've installed tslib library and utility from command line by SSH but running ts_calibrate it says mine is not a touchscreen and the calibration pattern on display doesn't work.

I've ran xinput_calibrator but it says me "unable to connect to X server"

Are there some other ways to make my touchscreen to work the right way , or at least to made it recognized to system .

Any help really appreciated

Thank you

Federico
Rex Bouwense

Re: Touchscreen how can I calibrate ??

Post by Rex Bouwense »

Wow. Never heard of this before so I did a little research and apparently it must happened often enough that someone has written about it. In any event there is a special WIKI page for debugging Touchpads.
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DebuggingTouchpadDetection
Rex
digiteltlc

Post by digiteltlc »

Thanks Rex for answer and link

It was an experience lack of mine ........

I ran xinput_calibrator from a standard tty console instead from the X environment terminal......

Running xinput_calibrator from inside the graphic LXDE works like a charm and touchpad was calibrated ok

Hope this helps some other newbie like me......

Regards
Rex Bouwense

Post by Rex Bouwense »

Thanks for posting back. We are all newbies in our own way. Stick around and perhaps you can help some one else with the LXDE. We are a small but growing forum and can use all the assistance that we can get.
Rex