Can't Resize or Move Windows on Display!

Problems with hardware & laptops not being detected or supported during or after install.
ArchiMark

Re: Can't Resize or Move Windows on Display!

Post by ArchiMark »

UPDATE....

Booted up this morning and first thing I noticed is that LXDM screen did not fill out the entire width of display. There was black margins on the left and right...

Then logged into to LXDE and same thing....tried adjusting preferences, but no change to display...

Rebooted and this time LXDM and LXDE filled out the display.....

As before, had to start typing by opening LibreOffice Writer. I tried Leafpad first, but no text showed when typing....

Now, I have new problem with typing.....

After typing in LibreOffice Writer, I tried to type in terminal window, but the text showed up in Firefox search box field in window behind terminal!!!

So, window focus is now screwed up.....

Unless I can figure out how to fix all these problems soon, I think I will need to remove LXDM and LXDE and install another DM/DE......this is driving me nutz.....

:roll:
Rex Bouwense

Post by Rex Bouwense »

This is bugging the s*** out of me as well. I know absolutely nothing about arch linux, but this is not typical lxde behavior. It is merely a desktop. It should not be causing all of this stuff. By the way, did you change the theme? Did it make any difference? Is your system up to date? Have you made any changes that might have caused this behavior?
Rex
ArchiMark

Post by ArchiMark »

Yes, I tried changing the theme....although, in the preference window I opened up (forget the name...), the heading on the first tab is called widget...but what I see looks like the window designs....tried using another one, but no change....

Yes, system is up to date....I did updating the other day....but no change...

As this is very recent Arch install, don't think I made any changes that would impact this...

Meanwhile, given my frustration level, I removed LXDE (unfortunately...) and installed XFCE to see if same issues would occur. Thought if they did, then we'd know issues are not LXDE related, righ?.....

After installing XFCE, I started it up and voila! everything is working perfectly now....typing, resizing, moving windows, etc.....

Go figure!

Thanks again for all your help....greatly appreciate it!!
Rex Bouwense

Post by Rex Bouwense »

Understand. Hate to lose an LXDE user though. I was on my third search engine and getting the same web sites. Post back if you get any more information. :)
Rex
ArchiMark

Post by ArchiMark »

Thanks for the kinds words....

If I have some time, sometime, I might retry LXDE....

FWIW, I actually have Arch and LXDE running on my little Nokia N900 phone (really a shirt pocket linux computer...).....so, still in the LXDE fold....

;)