How to enable clipboard between lxde and Windows?

Please post all general support questions for LXDE here.
zzzhhh

How to enable clipboard between lxde and Windows?

Post by zzzhhh »

The settings is: I use Windows's remote desktop to connect to a ubuntu via lxde desktop. I hope the text communication between the lxde desktop and Windows host could be easier by sharing the clipboard. For example, I select a text and press Ctrl-C in Windows, I hope the text copied to clipboard can be seen in lxde desktop, i.e., can be pasted to an editor in lxde desktop by clicking the "paste" item in the popup menu. Is this function allowed in lxde? If yes, how to enable this function in lxde? Thanks.
arochester

Re: How to enable clipboard between lxde and Windows?

Post by arochester »

I don't think it will work the way you imagine it might. When you are using Windows you are using Windows. When you are using Linux you are using Linux. To move from one to the other you need to shut down the first and start the second. There is no common clipboard, there is only one or the other.

I wonder if you could use some other method, not the clipboard, like Google Docs/Drive or Dropbox?
drooly

Re: How to enable clipboard between lxde and Windows?

Post by drooly »

zzzhhh wrote about a remote desktop.

if it is possible to get a gui remotely, it should also be possible to set up shared clipboard.
but i don't know anything about it.
all i can say, on virtualbox it requires some additions to be installed on both guest and host.