BASE Main Menu Shortcut, NOT in a submenu!

Please post all general support questions for LXDE here.
secipolla

Re: BASE Main Menu Shortcut, NOT in a submenu!

Post by secipolla »

Yes, good to know, thraspic.
The logout and run commands are hardcoded in lxpanel (the run dialogue is the command 'lxpanelctl run').
thraspic

Post by thraspic »

secipolla,

It seems like the command= always refers to one of lxpanelctl's functions? If not, I wonder what else command= can do.
secipolla

Post by secipolla »

Well, not really as lxpanelctl has only the commands 'run', for the run dialogue, and 'menu', to open the menu.

The 'command=' thing may read a predefined thing in the code. I guess.
One can always search the code to find out (even without being a programmer; we can sometimes figure how things work).

Did you find out about the 'action=' line by the try and error method?

Today I saw screenshots of the new PeppermintOS and they have a customized menu. Maybe looking at their lxpanel config may give some ideas (that is, if they didn't get the tip here ;-) ).
thraspic

Post by thraspic »

sepicola,

I believe this thread https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=53523 mentions it, look at oldheri's post.

Initially I had disregarded this, until after fiddlding with lxde-applications.menu and .desktop files got me no where, I went back and played with what he mentions. So oldheri did us all a good on this one, because I seriously could not find this information repeated anywhere else.