Test versions to pin down a bug (display mgr to X cycling)

Please post all general support questions for LXDE here.
jd.hupp

Test versions to pin down a bug (display mgr to X cycling)

Post by jd.hupp »

I've been using Lubuntu i386 and LTSP terminal server for several years.

With Saucy, however, on an LTSP client machine the X session ends within seconds and returns me to the LDM login screen.

LDM.log merely notes something like "x session started" and then immediately follows with "x session ended." I don't see anything unusual in the xsession-errors log for that user.

It doesn't matter which user account I log in with.

I have tried a couple different clients with different video cards, one an old Intel and the other a current Radeon, both with plenty of RAM.

The problem only appears with *Lubuntu* Saucy. I have not seen it with *Ubuntu* Saucy.

The problem did not appear under Lubuntu Raring.

I know that LXSession saw many changes from Raring to Saucy, so that seems like a likely suspect to me. On the problem installation, it is running LXSession 0.4.9.2-0ubuntu6 (saucy), and on a good installation LXSession 0.4.9.2-git20130310-0ubuntu1 (raring).

In any case I'm looking for a testing/troubleshooting strategy to pin down when/where the problem appears.
jd.hupp

Re: Test versions to pin down a bug (display mgr to X cyclin

Post by jd.hupp »

I see that the problem does not appear under the Trusty 2/12/14 Daily Build.

LTSP has been modified some for Trusty, but not for Saucy. What did change for Saucy was LXSession and other components of LXDE.

So the question remains, what changes for Saucy in LXSession and LXDE are likely to cause this behavior?