Questions customizing LXde for touchscreen use.

Please post all general support questions for LXDE here.
guest_1

Questions customizing LXde for touchscreen use.

Post by guest_1 »

Hi there,

introduction
I just installed Rasbian on my brand new Raspberry Pi, which includes LXde. Currently I plugged in and configured a mouse, a keyboard and a 10" touchscreen. In the future I plan to only use the touchscreen. But I ran in some problems and couldn't find answers in the documentation or on google, that's why I hope to get help with my questions here.

important questions
I couldn't find any pre made settings for touchscreens in LXde, maybe an idea for future releases? That's why I resized (bigger) almost all parts of LXde. Couldn't succeed on resizing the start menu. Can somebody help with this?
Also I couldn't find something easy to create desktop shortcuts, at best with GUI. As not all users of the pi do know how to use the console. As a first try I created a symlink but LXde is displaying a warning every time the symlink is clicked. Is there a better way?

nice-to-have questions
Is there a Panel for LXde showing CPU-Load in percent with the doom face on it? I remember having that on my last install with another windowmanager, but the hd died and I don't have the name of it anymore.
Is it possible to create a panel that switches the monitor of when it is clicked, and of course a second click anywhere on the screen later to turn the monitor back on?
I formated the clock in 2 lines, first with the time and the second with the date. Is it possible to center the time? I used spaces, but they are away after a reboot.
that I used to center the time in the first line with the date in the second line. If somebody has a recommendation for a virtual keyboard that runs on the Raspberry Pi with a German layout, that would be great. At the moment I tried matchbox but my keylayout.xml has errors, that I don't understand.

Thanks for reading, any help on this is greatly appreciated. :D