LightDM and power management

Please post all general support questions for LXDE here.
balubeto

LightDM and power management

Post by balubeto »

Hi

I installed Lubuntu 13.10 32-bit on a notebook and I have set the power management through the Power manager for Xfce.

Now, I realized that if I start the notebook and I leave it on the screen LightDM, my power settings are not applied. How come? Is there a way to configure the power settings on the screen also LightDM?

Thanks

Bye
Balubeto
Lew_Rockwell_fan

Re: LightDM and power management

Post by Lew_Rockwell_fan »

I suspect what you are calling lightdm is actually a greeter that lightdm bosses. I might be wrong, but I don't think lightdm itself draws any kind of gui screen, it just tells the greeter to draw one and then handles authenticating the login information the greeter sends it, and then starting x and a window manager. The point of which is not pedantry for its own sake. I suggest you look up the name of the GREETER with a search engine. You'll probably find some website or something like some pages on github devoted to it. There will probably be a link to somewhere you can ask questions like this. I use lightdm-gtk-greeter for instance and it's a pretty nice bunch that maintain it. They've helped me tweak it several times. If the feature you want isn't available in your distro's repo it might be available in another branch or a later version of the greeter. Be careful, and always back up your system.
drooly

Re: LightDM and power management

Post by drooly »

if lightdm is part of lxde, then op came to the right place to ask their question.

however, dear balubeto, you might have tried to search the web yourself?
i just used "lightdm power manage", and the first of many relevant-looking results was this:
http://askubuntu.com/questions/403859/h ... references