Resize/reformat the desktop area?

Please post all general support questions for LXDE here.
ridicker2

Resize/reformat the desktop area?

Post by ridicker2 »

My apologies in advance for my newbie question and/or terminology. I tried searching the forum, but didn't find anything I recognized.

Is it possible to resize/reformat the desktop area? I'm working with an ARM device, so lxde is great for it, but the graphics hardware software is rather limited as to what it will display. It connects through HDMI and give 2 choices 1920x1080 or 1280x720, both in 16x9 format. But my display is 1400x1050 (4x3 format), is it possible to configure the desktop to be restricted to a 1400x1050 in the center, with black bars left and right of 260p and top and bottom of 15p? My monitor hardware automatically centers what is sent to the display, which would make the black bars the overscreen.

I'd be glad to explain more if necessary.
Rex Bouwense

Re: Resize/reformat the desktop area?

Post by Rex Bouwense »

Welcome to the LXDE forum. Are there no adjustments available in Menu->Preferences->Monitor Settings? By the way,which OS are you using?
Rex
ridicker2

Re: Resize/reformat the desktop area?

Post by ridicker2 »

Thanks for the response Rex. I'm currently using Arch Linux ARM for my OS. As I mentioned before I'm using an ARM device, the Odroid-XU. It's a amazing little device, but very much on the development side of things. If I had realized that from the beginning I might have chose differently, but once I have it all running I think it will be fantastic!

With all that said the driver (exynos5-hwcomposer) has only a few HDMI settings, all of them being 16x9 format. The display setting is set in the boot.ini (which I've played with), but I've really only gotten 1920x1080 or 1280x720 to work properly. If someone can point me to info about a way to configure it in the boot.ini, that would be great.

But to answer you other question, when I go to the Menu->Preferences->Monitor Settings, I only get the setting configured in the boot.ini, no others.