ibus not working

Please post all general support questions for LXDE here.
Nagarajan

ibus not working

Post by Nagarajan »

Sir,
I succeeded in installing ibus in ubuntu 13.10 lxde and was able to add required language input methods. But when I open libreoffice document and choose the required input method, I get boxes only and find that the related fonts are not selected. When I browsed the fonts, the required fonts were not available. I installed phonetic key input method for Tamil language. But when I changed the input method to Tamil phonetic key board, the input method is displayed in the ibus tray but Lohit Tamil font is not get typed when I type.How to resolve this.
S.Nagarajan
I
Sir,
I have installed ubuntu lexde through linux deploy in my android 2.3.4. tablet. How to find the version of the lxde installed in my tablet ?
System tools does not appear in the main menu. How to bring it on the main menu ?
I installed libre ofice 3.0 and ibus for regional language support (In dian languages). Thou required languages were activated in the ibus, ibus icon does not appear in the tray nor the languages appear in the libre office.
How to install google chrome browser in lxde. Kinldy guide me
S.Nagarajan

Sir,
In the lxde installed in my tablet only five choices availble - accessories, internet, preferences, run and the logout. How to locate and bring forth the 'system tolls'. Only then i can access synaptic manager. Can you guide me to bring System tools on the main menu
S.Nagarajan
Last edited by Nagarajan on Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.
drooly

Re: ibus not working

Post by drooly »

sir,
there's probably more than one ways to find out about your lxde version, but you can always try synaptic packet manager and search for the lxde-desktop meta package (or something liek that). it will show you which version is installed.
Nagarajan

Post by Nagarajan »

Sir,
I succeeded in installing ibus in ubuntu 13.10 lxde and was able to add required language input methods. But when I open libreoffice document and choose the required input method, I get boxes only and find that the related fonts are not selected. When I browsed the fonts, the required fonts were not available. I installed phonetic key input method for Tamil language. But when I changed the input method to Tamil phonetic key board, the input method is displayed in the ibus tray but Lohit Tamil font is not get typed when I type.How to resolve this.
S.Nagarajan
drooly

Post by drooly »

please don't edit your first post like this!
those should be two more posts under my reply.
very confusing, in addition to general communication problems.
could a mod bring some order into this?
i know the op has been asked before to not do it, but maybe it becomes clearer if someone just does it?