libboost_regex 1.49 on UDOObuntu/Debian Wheezy

Please post all general support questions for LXDE here.
Hans55

libboost_regex 1.49 on UDOObuntu/Debian Wheezy

Post by Hans55 »

Hi

I'm new here in the forum and also on Lubuntu/Linux. So first, hello everybody :) I'm an electrical engineering student from Switzerland.
I am using LXDE 12.04 on a Udoo Quad for a big project.

I have a problem using the PiAUISuite voice control from Steve Hickson (https://github.com/StevenHickson/PiAUISuite)
When I want to run the voicecommand program, it gives me this error:
"voice command: error while loading shared libraries: libboost_regex.so.1.49.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"
I found out that this version of boost isnt available on LXDE 12.04.

What can I do to solve this problem? Is there a file where I can change the boost version? Because on LXDEI have installed 1.46.1. Or is the version given by the developer of this program?

I hope somebody can help me. And as mentioned before, unfortunately I'm not a Linux Pro :?

Thanks a lot and best regards :)
drooly

Re: libboost_regex 1.49 on UDOObuntu/Debian Wheezy

Post by drooly »

hello hans,
let's clarify a few things first:
what distro are you actually running?
there's no such thing as LXDE 12.04. the version number seems to come from ubuntu; are you running Lubuntu 12.04? How did you come to call it Debian Wheezy?

"Udoo Quad" doesn't tell me anything.
is it some exotic piece of hardware, maybe some sort of server machine?

Steven Hickson even mentions your problem with boost in the Readme: "you may need to find a different version of boost".
have you followed the instructions?

but, if you're really running Lubuntu 12.04, it is getting a little outdated.
you should consider re-installing a 14.x version, eg one of these.

in any case, your question doesn't seem to be desktop environment specific, you might have better luck on your actual distro's forum. that would be ubuntuforums i guess.