desktop context menu, desktop refresh after deleting items

Please post all general support questions for LXDE here.
humpf

desktop context menu, desktop refresh after deleting items

Post by humpf »

hello

i am running debian on a laptop using lxde. Laptop is a dell inspiron 6400.

i have some difficulties around the desktop : i have checked a case saying "display the menu provided by windows manager" and now i cannot go back to standard context menu. i have tried to modify this but nothing was like indicated in forums...

second, i noticed (since when ?) that deleting shortcuts on the desktop is not giving a "complete" effect : the shortcut is still displayed, and not possible to remove, but it is not working anymore (empty while displaying in the leafpad). i finally solutionned this by logout/login again... but it is not clean...

i also do not found how to get the desktopps icone "alligned", and when trying to move an icon from one place to an other, it is behaving in a weird way (i have to maintain the click a certain time before to get to move the icon, and it is not working systematycally)

As i cannot believe the whole lxde is pure garbage, i prefer to think i am myself misunderstanding certain things and i would appreciate your help and/or links

thanks a lot

humpf!
Rex Bouwense

Re: desktop context menu, desktop refresh after deleting ite

Post by Rex Bouwense »

Welcome to the LXDE forum. First to return to the default Desktop preferences, go to Menu->Preferences->Desktop Preferences->Advanced. Then simply uncheck Show menus provided by window managers when desktop is clicked. Close the window and you will be back to the default preferences.
Second, to delete a shortcut in LXDE, simply right click the shortcut and choose move to trash. Your shortcut will be deleted from the desktop and moved to the trash. That is how it is supposed to work anyway.
Could you please provide additional information on the third problem. What do you want to do?
Rex
seppalta

Re: desktop context menu, desktop refresh after deleting ite

Post by seppalta »

See the appropriate sections of http://lxlinux.com and the links therein.