Lxpanel Update and Volume control problem

Please post all general support questions for LXDE here.
Tnebi

Lxpanel Update and Volume control problem

Post by Tnebi »

Hi all. I'm new to Linux and all these distros around... but since I had an Olibook M1030 I decided to give Lubuntu a try and I'm really fine with how the things are going, but I have 2 problems. The first one is that if the volume control is under 50% I can't hear anything (even with headphones) and seems the bar goes from 50 to 100 (instead of 0 to 100). The second problem is that I saw on the LXDE blog that there is a newer version of lxpanel which isn't available into Synaptic. I've tried to install it following this guide but it asks me to install many components (which I tried to install but I still failed) that I don't have on Lubuntu 14.04.02. So I want to know if I can install it somehow
Rex Bouwense

Re: Lxpanel Update and Volume control problem

Post by Rex Bouwense »

Hi Tnebi and welcome to the lxde forum. I am a little confused by your question. If you have Lubuntu 14.04, you should have alsamixer installed. You seem to be implying that you cannot adjust your volume using the controls. Is that what you are saying? As to the second part, I have Lubuntu 14.10 now and it comes with LXPanel 0.6.2. I thought that the new version to be released next month 15.04 will have 0.7.2. I see that 0.8 is available but I wonder if it has been tested since it has not made it to the repositories yet.
Rex
Tnebi

Re: Lxpanel Update and Volume control problem

Post by Tnebi »

Hi and thanks. Sorry for the late reply. Anyways I can adjust the volume but it does in a wrong way from the icon in the system tray because from 0 to 50 I have no sound while from 50 to 100 I do. It just can't adjust the volume in the right way. Talking about lxpanel I think the version 0.8.0 should be already stabile... That's why I want to try it