keep getting the error unment deendencie

Please post all general support questions for LXDE here.
jessfarnsworrth

keep getting the error unment deendencie

Post by jessfarnsworrth »

I keep trying to install tribler and keep getting the error: dependency is not satisfiable: python-libtorrent >=0.16.4. I have installed it, allowed all repositories universe and non free, and tried upgrading and updating. Still I get this error. Is there any one who can help me with this? :(
Rex Bouwense

Re: keep getting the error unment deendencie

Post by Rex Bouwense »

Welcome to the LXDE forum. You do need to provide us with some additional information. What distribution are you trying to install tribler on? What version of tribler are you trying to install? How did you try to install it?
Rex
jessfarnsworrth

lubuntu 12.04 on a hp pavilion. tribler 6.4.3 debian distribution. Thanks.
jessfarnsworrth

downloaded the file from the tribler dl page.
Rex Bouwense

Post by Rex Bouwense »

OK. First, Lubuntu 12.04 is no longer supported. Ubuntu 12.04 is but the LXDE portion (which makes it Lubuntu) is not. There are only three versions of Lubuntu that have not reached End Of Life (Lubuntu 14.04 which is a LTS, 14.10 which is supported until July 2015, and 15.04 which is supported until January 2016). Second, it is always easier to install a program from the repositories. Tribler is in the repositories. For instance in Lubuntu 14.04 I can install Tribler 6.2.0 from the repositories. If you install from there you are almost always sure that it will work with your system because it has been tested by the Team. If you choose to install it from some where else i.e. the home page of Tribler, you may be getting a version that has not been tested on your version of the distribution. Sorry for being verbose.
I would recommend that you upgrade to Lubuntu 14.04 (supported until April 2017) and install Tribler from the repositories. If you want to keep the unsupported Lubuntu 12.04, I would recommend that to look to the repositories for the version of Tribler to install.
Installing a newer version without some knowledge of what will work or what will not could require knowledge that I do not possess. There may be some individuals who contribute here that might know a work around.

If you are not satisfied with the version in the repositories you can always add an untrusted PPA to your sources.
https://launchpad.net/~webupd8team/+arc ... tu/tribler
Last edited by Rex Bouwense on Fri May 22, 2015 5:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Additional Information
Rex