[SOLVED] LXqt help here?

Please post all general support questions for LXDE here.
jeffneedle

[SOLVED] LXqt help here?

Post by jeffneedle »

Pardon me for my ignorance, but I can't find a support forum for LXqt. Is one available? Is this the right place? Many thanks.
Last edited by jeffneedle on Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rex Bouwense

Re: LXqt help here?

Post by Rex Bouwense »

Welcome to the LXDE forum. As far as I know there is no LXQT forum yet. You can probably ask your question here and get a answer. LXQT is a result of the merger of the LXDE-Qt and Razor-qt projects.
Rex
jeffneedle

Post by jeffneedle »

Thanks so much. Here's the question. I'm using a distro called ExTix. They don't have any support forum at all, so I'm coming hat in hand here <grin>.

It has to do with the quick launch capability. ExTix predefines it with certain launchers. I want to modify this. I right-click in the panel, choose Manage Widgets. The screen comes up, I click on Quick launch, then on Configure, but nothing happens.

How the heck do you configure Quick launch?

Thanks for any help you can offer.
Rex Bouwense

Post by Rex Bouwense »

That one isn't so hard. Right click on any open space on the LXPanel, then choose Panel settings. I new window will pop up called Panel Preferences. Choose Panel applets. Unless you have configured the Panel already the second item on the menu should be Application Launch Bar. Click it and then choose edit. The rest is self explanatory. Just highlight the quick launch that you want to add and select add. You can move it up or down as you like.
Rex
jeffneedle

Post by jeffneedle »

I appreciate the help. Thanks so much. Shall follow instructions!

Best.