How to use LXshortcut

All questions and problems regarding LXDE components including LXSession, LXAppearance, GPicView, Leafpad, LXTerminal, Xarchiver, LXNM to be discussed here.

For PCManFM questions, please ask in the dedicated forum below.
KK_dude

How to use LXshortcut

Post by KK_dude »

Hi everyone,

Can you please explain how LXshortcut works. After downloading and installing the application I can't seem to git it to work.

Correct me if I'm wrong, I thought it works by right-clicking an icon placed on a panel, to allow shortcut change.

Thank you.
dentologislaw

Re: How to use LXshortcut

Post by dentologislaw »

Help: lxshortcut --help-all

Create shortcut:

Code: Select all

lxshortcut -o new.desktop
Edite shortcut:

lxshortcut -i new.desktop

Shortcut Editor:
run:

lxshortcut -o lxshortcuteditor.desktop
Name: lxshortcuteditor
Command: lxshortcut -i
Tooltip: "comment"

Move lxshortcuteditor.desktop to /home/login/.local/share/applications (Debian) or /usr/share/applications

How can i make shortcut to lxshortcut -o "name".desktop that "name" will be the same as i put Name: in dialog window?
anubisg1

Post by anubisg1 »

i wonder to know why lxshortcut is not included on "right click --> create new --> shortcut" (on the desktop maybe?) or on "right click --> proprieties" on an already existing .desktop file
maces

Post by maces »

anubisg1 wrote:i wonder to know why lxshortcut is not included on "right click --> create new --> shortcut" (on the desktop maybe?) or on "right click --> proprieties" on an already existing .desktop file
That's indeed a very good idea. It's possible through the menu at the moment.