lxsession-logout: Cannot get shutdown and reboot options

Please post all general support questions for LXDE here.
doragasu

lxsession-logout: Cannot get shutdown and reboot options

Post by doragasu »

I'm running a small ArchLinux distro with LXDE and no login manager. I have tried withoug success to get shutdown and reboot options in lxsession-logout, but without success. At first, I got only Logout and Cancel options. Then I installed pm-utils and upower and now I also have Suspend option, but no more :(

Steps I have done to try making these options available:
1.- Make sure dbus is running.
2.- I have installed pm-utils and upower.
3.- User is in the power group (groups return: lp wheel games video audio storage scanner power users).
4.- polkit is installed and running. Using ps I see the following processes:

Code: Select all

/usr/lib/polkit-1/polkitd --no-debug (launched by root)
/usr/lib/polkit-gnome/polkit-gnome-authentication-agent-1 (launched by my non privileged user)
5.- I launch LXDE with startx command. Contents of ~/.xinitrc:

#!/bin/sh
exec ck-launch-session startlxde
As stated, shutdown and reboot options don't appear (unless logging with root account), and each time lxsession-logout is called, the following error appears in the X console:

** (lxsession-logout:844): WARNING **: dbus-interface.c:94: DBUS: The name org.freedesktop.Hal was not provided by any .service files

** (lxsession-logout:844): WARNING **: dbus-interface.c:94: DBUS: The name org.freedesktop.Hal was not provided by any .service files

I have also noticed that LXDE is unable to automount external USB storage drives, a ("Not Authorized" dialog pops up every time I plug one), so it looks like the problem is policykit/consolekit related, but I don't know how to fix it :(

Any suggestions?