LXTerminal Colors?

LXTerminal is the standard terminal emulator of LXDE - http://wiki.lxde.org/en/LXTerminal
Loafers

LXTerminal Colors?

Post by Loafers »

Hi,

How do I configure LXTerminal Colors? Is it through the .XDefaults file?
Marty Jack

Re: LXTerminal Colors?

Post by Marty Jack »

Edit / Preferences doesn't work for you?
In this day and age, I don't think very many things still use .Xdefaults, although I guess xterm does, it having gotten its start in that era.
Loafers

Post by Loafers »

Marty Jack wrote:Edit / Preferences doesn't work for you?
In this day and age, I don't think very many things still use .Xdefaults, although I guess xterm does, it having gotten its start in that era.
Colors other than foreground/background I meant.
Marty Jack

Post by Marty Jack »

At this time we do not offer any more customization than foreground/background. You are encouraged to run any terminal emulator that meets your needs. The same answer I gave before about remaining lightweight applies here. Except that someone else brought this one up already.
Loafers

Post by Loafers »

Marty Jack wrote:At this time we do not offer any more customization than foreground/background. You are encouraged to run any terminal emulator that meets your needs. The same answer I gave before about remaining lightweight applies here. Except that someone else brought this one up already.
Ah okay thanks.
Marty Jack

Post by Marty Jack »

If someone wanted to suggest an example of a terminal emulator that has the customization you are seeking, I would certainly consider it.

We are at an awkward time for this because there is a code and string freeze in preparation to make a release, so any change that is not a bug fix would have to wait until development begins again on the following release.
Loafers

Post by Loafers »

Marty Jack wrote:If someone wanted to suggest an example of a terminal emulator that has the customization you are seeking, I would certainly consider it.

We are at an awkward time for this because there is a code and string freeze in preparation to make a release, so any change that is not a bug fix would have to wait until development begins again on the following release.
ROXTerm has almost everything I'm looking for except shortcut key customization. Well actually it does, but it requires the Gnome Key Settings Manger program.