add other applications as applets

Please post all general support questions for LXDE here.
gman77

add other applications as applets

Post by gman77 »

Hi,

Wondering if someone could direct me how to add an existing gnome applet to work with lxpanel.
When I go into the add applet, it doesnt appear. Is there a config file that needs to be modified?

Thanks in advance.
firmit

Re: add other applications as applets

Post by firmit »

This is not done easily. gnome-panel and lxpanel are two different panels, and you can not migrate one panel applet easily to the other without rewriting code - correct me if I am wrong guys.

If there is a certain applet you are missing in lxpanel, just name it - maybe some developers will help you out :)
Last edited by firmit on Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gman77

Post by gman77 »

Thanks for the reply.

Actually I was hoping I could add webilder http://www.webilder.org/ to the panel.

Regards
firmit

Post by firmit »

I checked out the site - and I must say the dependency list was quite large. I am not sure how many of these are already installed, but if none of them are, I don't think you will see it anytime soon. However, I hope I am wrong!

The best alternative is to write an applet yourself, or contact the creator of Webilder, and ask him to create a small applet for lxpanel without the long list of dependencies. Or maybe some other hackers might be interested in this request :)