Fedora 12 LXDE Spin images withdrawn

Please post all general support questions for LXDE here.
cwickert

Fedora 12 LXDE Spin images withdrawn

Post by cwickert »

I am very sorry to inform you that we just removed the Fedora 12 LXDE Spin from the BitTorrent Tracker because we found a major bug that makes the images unusable. The problem is a crash in lxde-settings-daemon that triggers abrt, the automatic bug reporting tool. Because lxde-settings-daemon gets restarted by lxsession the bug reporting tool goes into an infinite loop, consumes all CPU power and makes the computer crash when the overlay image of the live OS is filled up.

I have no idea why we didn’t spot this bug before. I have tested every nightly and they all were fine, but they were created on a different machine then the final images. Also installing LXDE from the package repositories works fine, so you can already install LXDE on Fedora 12.

There will be fixed images soon. I’d like to ask you for some more days of patience.

Apologies for the inconvenience,
Christoph
cwickert

Fedora 12 LXDE Spin images available now!

Post by cwickert »

OK, the problems are solved and the images are now available for download. Get them at http://spins.fedoraproject.org/lxde/

Sorry it took so long, but it wasn't my fault. I fixed the crash within 2 days, but then there was a lot of bureaucracy. For more info, please read my blog post.

Cheers,
Christoph