PCManFM2 - menu://applications/ list empty

The dedicated forum for PCMan File Manager - http://wiki.lxde.org/en/PCManFM
bmarkus

PCManFM2 - menu://applications/ list empty

Post by bmarkus »

menu://applications/ doesn't list any item, result is blank.

PCManFM/libfm version 0.9.4/0.1.10 (0.9.3/0.1.9 same).

Trying on Tiny Core Linux 2.10. lxmenu-data installed, no GVFS. Base installation directory is /usr/local (usr/local/bin, /usr/local/etc, /usr/local/lib, /usr/local/share, ... used). No environment variables set for XDG.

Otherwise system works (mount, automount is a different story). It looks like a local configuration issue,a s it works fine in LUBUNTU beta.

Help appreciated.

Béla
bmarkus

Re: PCManFM2 - menu://applications/ list empty

Post by bmarkus »

Empty menu://applications/problem solved, thanks to PCMan. This had to be added to the startup script:

Code: Select all

export XDG_MENU_PREFIX=lxde-
mctiew

Post by mctiew »

Where do you place the environment variable setup ?

I put it in /usr/bin/startlxde, it has no effect. Also I tried doing it manually in command line, did not work too.

In fact, when I click on Applications, I get a hanging pcmanfm2, the cursor turns into busy, and the file manager becomes non-responsive. I have to click the close window to kill pcmanfm2. Other than that, I think pcmanfm2 is a lot more reliable when it comes to mounting/ejected volumes.
mctiew

Post by mctiew »

OK I fixed it myself already. The problem was that the installed menu-cache was incomplete. Seems compile libfm and pcmanfm from source also did not detect it correctly, or perhaps debian package libmenu-cache1 is at fault, the menu-cached was not present, or there is additional dependency library was not installed.

To fix the problem, I compile/install libmenu-cache from source, the problem is gone. Now I have a working pcmanfm2 which is completely working, until I discover further issues/bugs ;)

Now I can completely remove the pcmanfm version 1. :)

Regards.