how to introduce a start (more/less complexe) start command?

All questions and problems regarding the installation and upgrades of LXDE from USB Stick, Live CD or Web.
oui

how to introduce a start (more/less complexe) start command?

Post by oui »

Hi
I don't know as Lxde user how to introduce easily a start command after login. What kind of command?

for example my actual start up sequence in JWM in ~/.jwmrc:

Code: Select all

<StartupCommand>
        <!-- xli -onroot -fillscreen /home/f/.images/default.jpeg & -->
        conky -c ~/.conkyrc-live &
        setxkbmap us intl &
        skype &
        rm -rf ~/.mozilla
        cp -a ~/.mysettings/.mozilla ~/
   </StartupCommand>
Is that also possible in lxde (note1: the xli command is commented or not depending of the actual jwm binary. jwm doesn't need some background viewer at all if compiled with the needing viewing lib's. note2: I don't use conky! It was in the sample of file at lubuntu64 minimal. as it doesn't disturb, I did let it in the file. actually, I don't use Lxde as I am not able to organize above starting up. no problem in Debian derivates as Debian uses a debian-menu file in /etc/jwm... as some app's coming out KDE don't appear in the debian-menu file, I add xfce4-appfinder, it is little and find all app's and is not depending of the file manager, as I prefer use rox-filer because of the ability to easily redefine standard app's, app's compiled by me etc.)

kind regards
paulr

Re: how to introduce a start (more/less complexe) start comm

Post by paulr »

Is /home/user/.config/lxsession/LXDE/autostart what you are looking for? I use Lubuntu with LXDE.

Mine, for example, is:
---
@xscreensaver -no-splash
@lxpanel --profile LXDE
@pcmanfm --desktop --profile LXDE
@/usr/lib/policykit-1-gnome/polkit-gnome-authentication-agent-1
@/home/user/startup_scripts/startup.sh
---

I added '@/home/user/startup_scripts/startup.sh'; startup.sh being a script of the commands that I need started/launched after login.