Lxde

All questions and problems regarding the installation and upgrades of LXDE from USB Stick, Live CD or Web.
ArchAngelLloyd

Lxde

Post by ArchAngelLloyd »

Hello new to the Lxde D.E been using Linux of and on for about 15 years now. Id say im middle of the road for my level of expertise with Liniux. My first distro was SlackWare so im used to figuring things out...
I'm running Kubuntu a.t.m, yeasterday I got a wild hair going......and decided to try out different D.E's and I'm up to 8 now on my Old HP_notebook has the following specs...
Architecture: x86_64
CPU op-mode(s): 32-bit, 64-bit
Byte Order: Little Endian
Address sizes: 36 bits physical, 48 bits virtual
CPU(s): 2
On-line CPU(s) list: 0,1
Thread(s) per core: 1
Core(s) per socket: 2
Socket(s): 1
NUMA node(s): 1
Vendor ID: GenuineIntel
CPU family: 6
Model: 76
Model name: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU N3050 @ 1.60GHz
Stepping: 3
CPU MHz: 637.228
CPU max MHz: 2160.0000
CPU min MHz: 480.0000
BogoMIPS: 3200.00
Virtualization: VT-x
L1d cache: 48 KiB
L1i cache: 64 KiB
L2 cache: 2 MiB
NUMA node0 CPU(s): 0,1

LOve LXDE it runs soooooooooooooooooooo smooth and reminds me of windows 2000 or XP with out all the extended bloatware lol...any ways all I had to do to get it installed under Ubuntu 20.0.4.1 was
sudu apt-get update
apt-get upgrade
sudo apt install lxde
sudo apt autoremove
sudo clean
then reboot
Again love it... it runs at about 321 mb's sitting there with cpu usage at about 3%-4% opened 4 apps one running a video and it never got above 390 mb's and cpu never got above 9%
Any sugestions on enhancing the look a bit next i'll be installing it on a 32 bit system with a gig of memorie been looking this D.E definitely does what you guys say it does thank you for your hard work :) next week I'll be reinstalling Kubuntu and LXDE leave it at that :) :)
drooly

Re: Lxde

Post by drooly »

Glad you like it!