New Manjaro LXDE Community Edition

Post LXDE Videos, Pictures, Screenshots, Media Articles, Photos here, please.
Thanos_Apostolou

New Manjaro LXDE Community Edition

Post by Thanos_Apostolou »

Many users still prefer lxde instead of lxqt. So here's a new Manjaro LXDE Community Edition:
https://forum.manjaro.org/t/manjaro-lxde-17-0-1/22381

I hope you like it!
Rex Bouwense

Re: New Manjaro LXDE Community Edition

Post by Rex Bouwense »

Welcome to the LXDE forum. LXDE is no where near folding up. Besides LXQT is not ready for prime time and will not be for a while. I am not sure if it will ever be ready. I have been using LXDE on several distros and have always been impressed with the simplicity and speed. Kudos to Manjaro LXDE Community Edition.
Rex
Thanos_Apostolou

Post by Thanos_Apostolou »

Rex Bouwense wrote:LXDE is no where near folding up.
Nice to hear that, because many people consider it a dying project but obviously that's not the case.

I just hope that it will get libinput support at some point, because I'm forced to use synaptics in order to make mouse settings and touchpad work, but in arch synaptics is considered "deprecated" and even if it is still in the repos, it might get completely removed in the future.

Also, in arch there is a gtk3 build ready for use. I chose to use the gtk2 build due to some visual bugs with the gtk3 one, but in the future I might switch to gtk3. That will certainly convince people that lxde is here to stay for long time! :)
rtl88

Post by rtl88 »

Good luck with the new Manjaro LXDE Community Edition; that's exciting, I really hope it works out. I came to Linux about two years ago - and after trying Cinnamon, Unity, Xfce, MATE, and LXQt, I cannot quite comprehend why LXDE is not the 'go-to' distro for most everyone. Well, so long as it stays in active development, I couldn't be happier. I've used LXDE much longer than the rest now; it puts up with everything I throw at it (I broke all the others); I can theme it to look as amazing as any distro out there; it loves Compiz (many don't) - and I can configure it to the stratosphere. As a grad school student, and a freelance writer, my two trusty LXDE boxes are, next to my wife, absolutely my most trusted entities. Thank you so much to everyone who keeps this distro alive and well!