LXDE design parameters and introduction

Questions concerning LXDE themes, interface design, posters, logos and images. If you would like to help with design related tasks of LXDE, please join the Design Project and subscribe to the design mailing list.
tunznath

LXDE design parameters and introduction

Post by tunznath »

Hi I am a graphic designer and having just migrated from ubuntu and before that windows and before that Mac, I have been using lubuntu - and also mintlxde - I was wondering if there is a page where the colour specs of LXDE and logos and artwork is available for download - I am in the process of designing a wallpaper for myself and would like to use LXDE specs.

A bit about myself - I have been a graphic designer since 1984, yep the year the macintosh was unveiled and have worked at some large american advertising agencies, and also as a fashion art director, I am currently living in the Azores, trying to learn Portuguese, and living quite a rural life - in a village with 260 inhabitants, but we have great internet access here and also free wifi zones in the city. so its not like I am disconnected.

I was thinking that maybe I could contribute to the community - possibly, maybe.

regards
Nath
tunznath

Re: LXDE design parameters and introduction

Post by tunznath »

here is a quick rough idea - will need some tweaking Image
tunznath

Post by tunznath »

sorry its a bit big - need to figure out how to attach onto the forum - admins sorry if its too big - but I couldnt find any stickies about how to post
nath
OK just had a look at it on my other computer and it looks a bit bright - the light blue is a tad harsh on the eyes so I will see if I can get it right - I think I really need to know what the lxde design parameters are, especially the breakdown of the blue.

thanks all
nath
intialonso

Post by intialonso »

Yes, We need a design guide.

Im a grafic designer too, I love LXDE and I want to help in the graphic area, so we need at least:

1. Logo SVG
2. Logo explanation and arguments. I dont want to be rude, but the actual logo is, uhmmm too glossy and abstract, I mean, someone says that it is a flying bird, but nobody see a bird there, is more like an ink splash with reflections and effects. So, I really will love to hear the logo justification.
3. Fonts
4. Color Palette

I will open a new thread to post my ideas about a logo.