Finding a articular icons source?

Questions concerning LXDE themes, interface design, posters, logos and images. If you would like to help with design related tasks of LXDE, please join the Design Project and subscribe to the design mailing list.
maslowk

Finding a articular icons source?

Post by maslowk »

So I'm currently running Fedora 17 with LXDE + Openbox, and have recently installed a new icon theme which seems to be working properly. The only issue is, the particular icon pack didn't include an icon for the "Minimize All Windows" (Iconify) item on my lxpanel. So, I assume if I knew where to find the particular icon used for this item I could simply edit it in say, photoshop to look more like my other icons (I've done this with the default "start button" icon successfully).

Of course this leaves the question, where is this icon located exactly, or how would I go about finding out its location? For reference here's the icon I'm talking about;

Any chance anyone would happen to know where I'd find it? Any help would be greatly appreciated :)
Rex Bouwense

Re: Finding a articular icons source?

Post by Rex Bouwense »

You might look here.
http://gnome-look.org/
Although, after a quick read there, I'm not sure if that is what you want. It is a starting place.
Rex
maslowk

Post by maslowk »

Rex Bouwense wrote:You might look here.
http://gnome-look.org/
Although, after a quick read there, I'm not sure if that is what you want. It is a starting place.
Not quite; I'm fairly sure that's where I got my icon theme actually, just more interested in locating the icon in question on my system so I can edit it to look more like the other icons in the picture there. The editing part would be trivial; it's just finding where it's loading said icon from.
Rex Bouwense

Post by Rex Bouwense »

Sorry. I didn't read your post thoroughly enough. I am not using Fedora with LXDE but there are some folks on this forum that do and they will be able to assist you.
Rex
rokytnji

Post by rokytnji »

t's just finding where it's loading said icon from.
I don't run Fedora but for a theme. I would go into that themes folder and look for the path in a text file in that particular theme folder or tar.gz I downloaded.

The

Code: Select all

locate
command with exact theme name should tell you where that theme folder in located so you can look inside.
There might be a text file called toolbar in there.

I am posting from Racy Puppy 5.2 right now on usb stick. So my readout will be different than yours.

Code: Select all

locate flatbluecontrast
/initrd/pup_ro2/root/.packages/builtin_files/gtk_theme_flatbluecontrast
/root/.packages/builtin_files/gtk_theme_flatbluecontrast
I runlxmed in my lxde antix install. But since I am not posting from that right now. I am not sure if lxmed can handle what you want to do.
Amrel RT 786ex 1.6ghz, 512MB ram , AntiX 8.5 core, Biker Linux user # 475019
Lead,Follow, or get the heck out of the way
My AntiX LXDE Install
maslowk

Post by maslowk »

Well, the themes I've been installing have been openbox themes, and apparently simply change window decorations etc. The themes themselves don't seem to include different icon sets (when searching the theme folders I've added to, there are no icon files, or any configuration files referencing any icon files), so I've been installing those separately. As far as I can tell it seems there is a default set of icons somewhere, where icons not included in particular packs are read from (for example if the pack doesn't include say, a firefox icon it uses a "Default" one from somewhere else). So I'm assuming the icon I'm trying to change is part of those default icons somewhere.

I also use lxmed and while it's a great application, it only allows me to work with application launchers on the lxmenu, and not ones on the panel itself. Since I'm only normally able to add items to say, the application launcher module for lxpanel that are already on the lxmenu, it's not particularly helpful for the "minimize all windows" icon.
Skulptorius

Post by Skulptorius »

I am also trying to find where is located "Minimize All Windows" (Iconify) icon?

Is it possible to change that icon in LXDE?
Skulptorius

Post by Skulptorius »

In Lubuntu 13.10 "Minimize All Windows" (Iconify) icon is located in:

/usr/share/lxpanel/images