Change the windowcolour and themes ?

Questions concerning LXDE themes, interface design, posters, logos and images. If you would like to help with design related tasks of LXDE, please join the Design Project and subscribe to the design mailing list.
Smilingsam

Change the windowcolour and themes ?

Post by Smilingsam »

Hello! Im pretty new to Lubuntu and right now trying to personalize it.
Im sorry my systemlanguage is german so i dont know whats the same option and settings called on an english OS. Er... i tried to change the windowcolour under the option with lxappearance. For weird reasons changing the windowcolour doenst apply to the windows. Not even after restart. What am i doing wrong? :oops:
I also tried to change the themes instead and downloaded a theme i like. Its an .emt data and since im totally new to whole linux and Lubuntu things i have no idear how to set it, or change it to an .obt data.
I already read descriptions how to set new themes but i wasnt able to finde the so calles ~/themes (or something similar) order.
Can someone help me?

Another thing. While i type, EVERY wort i write has red snakelines under it. So opically confusing. How to change that?

greets, sam :mrgreen:
Rex Bouwense

Re: Change the windowcolour and themes ?

Post by Rex Bouwense »

Welcome to the lxde forum. I have deleted your other duplicate posts for you.
Rex
Bob E

Re: Change the windowcolour and themes ?

Post by Bob E »

Hi Smilingsam. Look in your menu and see if you have "Openbox Configuration Manager".

I would actually bet you don't. No problem. All you have to do is open the terminal and enter:

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get install obconf
Then go back to your menu like above and open it. You will be able to change themes from this for sure. ;)