Artwork for Lubuntu

Questions concerning LXDE themes, interface design, posters, logos and images. If you would like to help with design related tasks of LXDE, please join the Design Project and subscribe to the design mailing list.
Leo

Re: Artwork for Lubuntu

Post by Leo »

Hi maces, thank you for your oppinion. You are right and I'm working with worldlubuntu wallpaper, and it will be ready soon.
But now I have got a new wallpaper. How do you find it?

Leo
Attachments
whitelubuntu.jpg
III lubuntu wallpaper
(79.67 KiB) Downloaded 94 times
maces

Post by maces »

It's ok, but prefer your other wallpapers. I think it's a bit to consistent, but that's just my opinion. Certainly the lettering is good.

maces
cathbard

Lubuntu Bubbles Jaunty

Post by cathbard »

Seeing as how it's based on jaunty I have used the official jaunty wallpaper in the back and superimposed something drawn in inkscape (and therefore easily scalable) that combines lxde and ubuntu.

Lubuntu Bubbles Jaunty
clicking on the preview will take you to a 1280x1024 version.

Lubuntu Bubbles Jaunty (wide -1280x800)

Enjoy
Last edited by cathbard on Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
maces

Post by maces »

Hi cathbard

These Backgrounds (LXDE Part) are nice, but on nearly all wallpapers, specially on official ones the Logo is on the bottom right, I think it's a bit irritating. You also could add a lettering called "Lubuntu" in the same style as your Logo.

maces
cathbard

Lubuntu Bubbles Jaunty mk2

Post by cathbard »

I've added lubuntu in the same font as ubuntu in the same style (and reduced the size of the logo a tad). I placed it in the bottom right which balances it out a bit with the logo at the top left. The jaunty background is a bit light and sparse down the bottom right which is why I didn't put the logo down there in the first place. I have however also done one with the logo at the bottom right above the word just for you maces.
(btw if you replace lcd with crt in the link address for the pic you get one in the normal crt ratio of 1280x960)

LCD - 1280x1024

Wide - 1280x800

click on a preview image to open
Last edited by cathbard on Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Leo

Post by Leo »

Hi

The "lubuntu bubbles" are good, but I think it is not a good idea to take the jaunty wallpaper for lubuntu, or if you want to keep it then you'd better change the color(LXDE colors). Something like this.
warty-lubuntu.jpg
(186.82 KiB) Downloaded 82 times
And here are two new versions of world lubuntu wallpaper, which one do you prefer?
new world lubuntu.jpg
(176.58 KiB) Downloaded 79 times
new world lubuntu 2.jpg
(167.45 KiB) Downloaded 72 times
maces

Post by maces »

Leo wrote:Hi

The "lubuntu bubbles" are good, but I think it is not a good idea to take the jaunty wallpaper for lubuntu, or if you want to keep it then you'd better change the color(LXDE colors). Something like this.
warty-lubuntu.jpg
dito
Leo wrote:
And here are two new versions of world lubuntu wallpaper, which one do you prefer?
new world lubuntu.jpg
This one, It's very nice I think. Really like it :)
Leo wrote:
new world lubuntu 2.jpg
Nice, but I prefer the other one ;)
cathbard

Lubuntu Bubbles

Post by cathbard »

I've renamed the previous ones and created something new which is more of a lubunty bubbles and called it that instead. Changing the hue of the jaunty wallpaper causes some rather nasty artifacts so unless I had access to the original svg of the pic I won't use it. If you look at right hand side of warty-lubuntu you will see what I mean. I decided to draw something more appropriate in the background anyway.

Lubuntu Bubbles (LCD - 1280x1024)

Lubuntu Bubbles (wide -1280x800)

Lubuntu Bubbles (CRT - 1280x960)

click on the preview.

(PS If you see the brown one in this post still, hit refresh or even cntrl refresh)
Leo

Post by Leo »

It's good, the bubbles are very nice :P . I like this more than the previous one, but I have got a suggestion: you could change the font of the text and the place of the logo.
cathbard

Post by cathbard »

Thanks. The font is the ubuntu font, I don't think it's a good idea to change that. The logo in this pic is more than just a logo, it's the central piece of the entire work. If I move the logo I'd have to move all the bubbles and modify all the glares accordingly as well. (was that what you meant?)