Artwork for Lubuntu

Questions concerning LXDE themes, interface design, posters, logos and images. If you would like to help with design related tasks of LXDE, please join the Design Project and subscribe to the design mailing list.
TnelsonD
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:26 am

Re: Artwork for Lubuntu

Postby TnelsonD » Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:47 pm

Here are some variations of the previous logo.
lubuntuNonUnderground2.png
lubuntuNonUnderground2.png (48.91 KiB) Viewed 8209 times
lubuntuNonUnderground3.png
lubuntuNonUnderground3.png (39.15 KiB) Viewed 8208 times
lubuntuNonUnderground4.png
lubuntuNonUnderground4.png (43.13 KiB) Viewed 8207 times

DarkstarV77
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:42 am

Re: Artwork for Lubuntu

Postby DarkstarV77 » Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:47 am

My favorite logo is the First page with the LXDE logos outside of the circle. :)

gabrielbutoeru
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:17 pm

Re: Artwork for Lubuntu

Postby gabrielbutoeru » Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:05 pm

@ maces

i will fix the "ring problem" as soon.

PS. what color is the LXDE's blue?

gabrielbutoeru
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:17 pm

Re: Artwork for Lubuntu

Postby gabrielbutoeru » Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:30 pm

did you mean something like this one?
Image

TnelsonD
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:26 am

Re: Artwork for Lubuntu

Postby TnelsonD » Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:56 pm

@ maces: Does this look any better and less underground?
trilubuntu.png
trilubuntu.png (61.14 KiB) Viewed 8197 times

@ gabrielbutoeru: Maybe it's just me, but I think your Lxde logo and it's shadow look too similar in color, it's hard to distinguish one from the other at smaller resolutions

gabrielbutoeru
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:17 pm

Re: Artwork for Lubuntu

Postby gabrielbutoeru » Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:17 pm

TnelsonD wrote:@ maces: Does this look any better and less underground?
trilubuntu.png

@ gabrielbutoeru: Maybe it's just me, but I think your Lxde logo and it's shadow look too similar in color, it's hard to distinguish one from the other at smaller resolutions


maybe, but I just try to "fix" (sorry for my english ... I'm italian) this one (the logo of the lubuntu's launchpad page)
Image

TnelsonD
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:26 am

Re: Artwork for Lubuntu

Postby TnelsonD » Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:37 pm

gabrielbutoeru wrote:
TnelsonD wrote:@ maces: Does this look any better and less underground?
trilubuntu.png

@ gabrielbutoeru: Maybe it's just me, but I think your Lxde logo and it's shadow look too similar in color, it's hard to distinguish one from the other at smaller resolutions


maybe, but I just try to "fix" (sorry for my english ... I'm italian) this one (the logo of the lubuntu's launchpad page)
Image


@ gabrielbutoeru: Perhaps you should make the shadow lighter or make the lxde logo darker so it's easy to tell what is the shadow and what is not. Or is the look of the shadow blending in with the logo desired? :)

gabrielbutoeru
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:17 pm

Re: Artwork for Lubuntu

Postby gabrielbutoeru » Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:53 pm

Image
I must to fix the LXDE logo ... if anyone has a .svg version of it ...ehm ... I need it :D

TnelsonD
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:26 am

Re: Artwork for Lubuntu

Postby TnelsonD » Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:49 am

gabrielbutoeru wrote:Image
I must to fix the LXDE logo ... if anyone has a .svg version of it ...ehm ... I need it :D

Why do you need an SVG? Can't you just use a high resolution .jpg or something? By the way, your logo looks much better now and the lxde part really matches the overall style of the Lubuntu logo nicely..

gabrielbutoeru
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:17 pm

Re: Artwork for Lubuntu

Postby gabrielbutoeru » Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:58 am

TnelsonD wrote:
gabrielbutoeru wrote:Image
I must to fix the LXDE logo ... if anyone has a .svg version of it ...ehm ... I need it :D

Why do you need an SVG? Can't you just use a high resolution .jpg or something? By the way, your logo looks much better now and the lxde part really matches the overall style of the Lubuntu logo nicely..


ehm ... i need the .png version with the alpha channel (for the transparency) but I prefer a .svg file because the mine it's like an ugly chinese clone xD


Return to “LXDE Design Project”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest