Artwork for Lubuntu

Questions concerning LXDE themes, interface design, posters, logos and images. If you would like to help with design related tasks of LXDE, please join the Design Project and subscribe to the design mailing list.
TnelsonD

Re: Artwork for Lubuntu

Post by TnelsonD »

Here are some variations of the previous logo.
lubuntuNonUnderground2.png
lubuntuNonUnderground2.png (48.91 KiB) Viewed 281880 times
lubuntuNonUnderground3.png
lubuntuNonUnderground3.png (39.15 KiB) Viewed 281879 times
lubuntuNonUnderground4.png
lubuntuNonUnderground4.png (43.13 KiB) Viewed 281878 times
DarkstarV77

Post by DarkstarV77 »

My favorite logo is the First page with the LXDE logos outside of the circle. :)
gabrielbutoeru

Post by gabrielbutoeru »

@ maces

i will fix the "ring problem" as soon.

PS. what color is the LXDE's blue?
gabrielbutoeru

Post by gabrielbutoeru »

did you mean something like this one?
TnelsonD

Post by TnelsonD »

@ maces: Does this look any better and less underground?
trilubuntu.png
trilubuntu.png (61.14 KiB) Viewed 281868 times
@ gabrielbutoeru: Maybe it's just me, but I think your Lxde logo and it's shadow look too similar in color, it's hard to distinguish one from the other at smaller resolutions
gabrielbutoeru

Post by gabrielbutoeru »

TnelsonD wrote:@ maces: Does this look any better and less underground?
trilubuntu.png
@ gabrielbutoeru: Maybe it's just me, but I think your Lxde logo and it's shadow look too similar in color, it's hard to distinguish one from the other at smaller resolutions
maybe, but I just try to "fix" (sorry for my english ... I'm italian) this one (the logo of the lubuntu's launchpad page)
TnelsonD

Post by TnelsonD »

gabrielbutoeru wrote:
TnelsonD wrote:@ maces: Does this look any better and less underground?
trilubuntu.png
maybe, but I just try to "fix" (sorry for my english ... I'm italian) this one (the logo of the lubuntu's launchpad page)
@ gabrielbutoeru: Perhaps you should make the shadow lighter or make the lxde logo darker so it's easy to tell what is the shadow and what is not. Or is the look of the shadow blending in with the logo desired? :)
gabrielbutoeru

Post by gabrielbutoeru »

I must to fix the LXDE logo ... if anyone has a .svg version of it ...ehm ... I need it :D
TnelsonD

Post by TnelsonD »

gabrielbutoeru wrote:Image
I must to fix the LXDE logo ... if anyone has a .svg version of it ...ehm ... I need it :D
Why do you need an SVG? Can't you just use a high resolution .jpg or something? By the way, your logo looks much better now and the lxde part really matches the overall style of the Lubuntu logo nicely..
gabrielbutoeru

Post by gabrielbutoeru »

TnelsonD wrote:
gabrielbutoeru wrote:Image
Why do you need an SVG? Can't you just use a high resolution .jpg or something? By the way, your logo looks much better now and the lxde part really matches the overall style of the Lubuntu logo nicely..
ehm ... i need the .png version with the alpha channel (for the transparency) but I prefer a .svg file because the mine it's like an ugly chinese clone xD