Questions about designs, and a brief introduction.

Questions concerning LXDE themes, interface design, posters, logos and images. If you would like to help with design related tasks of LXDE, please join the Design Project and subscribe to the design mailing list.
HavocFX

Questions about designs, and a brief introduction.

Post by HavocFX »

Hello all,

I'm a freelance graphic and web designer, and I'm extremely interested in contributing to this project. From what I see on this board, there is a need for a new logo, backgrounds, and themes. While I doubt I could be much help with themes, I could definitely contribute with submissions for the first two. I just have a few questions.

-Is there an official LXDE Style Guide? (If not their should be at this stage.) It would just contain the colors to use and etc.
-All the submissions that I see on the Lubuntu designs topic, seem to be following a pretty clear-cut pattern. Do we need to keep the designs in that same area?
-Is there a vector copy of the LXDE logo that I can grab from somewhere? Apologies if I didn't see it because of lack of searching.

Thanks for any help!
medicalwei

Re: Questions about designs, and a brief introduction.

Post by medicalwei »

HavocFX wrote:-Is there an official LXDE Style Guide? (If not their should be at this stage.) It would just contain the colors to use and etc.
No. We should have our color palette, and the guideline of designs.
HavocFX wrote:-Is there a vector copy of the LXDE logo that I can grab from somewhere? Apologies if I didn't see it because of lack of searching.
The original LXDE logo is created with Adobe Photoshop, not a vector drawing software. However, generating the logo from vector is simple since the image is large.
http://wiki.lxde.org/en/File:Lxde-logo.png
I have to look up my HDD if we have any.