Drag and drop taskbar for LXPanel?

The standard panel of LXDE - http://wiki.lxde.org/en/LXPanel
~F4t4l_Sh0ut~

Drag and drop taskbar for LXPanel?

Post by ~F4t4l_Sh0ut~ »

Hello, I wanted to ask you if there's any method to enable a drag-and-drop feature for the taskbar, since sometimes I need to make some order in there. :oops:
Anyone knows a method or it would have to be made from scratch? :D
seppalta

Re: Drag and drop taskbar for LXPanel?

Post by seppalta »

There is no "drag and drop" feature for lxpanel. However, it only involves a few clicks to reorder items. See http://lxlinux.com/#4 for details.
~F4t4l_Sh0ut~

Post by ~F4t4l_Sh0ut~ »

seppalta wrote:There is no "drag and drop" feature for lxpanel. However, it only involves a few clicks to reorder items. See http://lxlinux.com/#4 for details.
Actually, I didn't mean it for the whole panel, but just for the taskbar. In GNOME and XFCE is possible to order opened applications in the taskbar (not panel) by simply dragging them in the preferred position. I was meaning that, actually. :D
Rex Bouwense

Post by Rex Bouwense »

As sepallta said, you cannot drag and drop in lxde but if you look at the site he quoted (which he put together and maintains) you can move them around quite easily once they are on the LxPanel.

edit:
Here to make it easy. Right click any open space on the LxPanel and choose Add/Remove Panel Items. Under Panel Applets, navigate to Application Launch Bar and choose Edit. On the left side of the pane order any of the applications the way you want them.
Rex
~F4t4l_Sh0ut~

Post by ~F4t4l_Sh0ut~ »

Ah. Well, I'll try giving a look at that. Thanks for the help. ^^

Unfortunatly, it talks about the "Application Launch Bar" and not about the taskbar.

I mean something like this:

It hasn't nothing to do with launchers.
Rex Bouwense

Post by Rex Bouwense »

OK, Misunderstood your request. You want to reorder the open windows list (which is currently in the order that you opened them). Is that correct?
Rex
~F4t4l_Sh0ut~

Post by ~F4t4l_Sh0ut~ »

Rex Bouwense wrote:OK, Misunderstood your request. You want to reorder the open windows list (which is currently in the order that you opened them). Is that correct?
Yeah, like in GNOME and XFCE. :)
Rex Bouwense

Post by Rex Bouwense »

Well, since there is no drag and drop for the LxPanel and the very first line of the .config files tells the user that manual changes are not recommended, you might want to merely increase the number of desktops on your computer to enable order. I run with four desktops (Browser, Mail & Chat, PCMan FM, and Other). I know that doesn't give you a solution but it does provide another option because you can increase the desktops very easily to include other major topics as well.
It is one of the things that those of us using a very light desktop environment put up with because we would rather have a desktop that is not bloated and is very fast.
Rex
~F4t4l_Sh0ut~

Post by ~F4t4l_Sh0ut~ »

Hmm I could try that. Sure it's not like drag and drop opened windows, but at least it enables me some order. Well, I'll use that until a drag and drop feature will be added. Thank you for the help. :)
Rex Bouwense

Post by Rex Bouwense »

Sorry we couldn't give you what you wanted but at least there is a viable alternative. By the way welcome to the LXDE Forum. Hope that you stick around and help us out when you can. :)
Rex