Menu button mouseover highlight color

The standard panel of LXDE - http://wiki.lxde.org/en/LXPanel
Rex Bouwense

Re: Menu button mouseover highlight color

Post by Rex Bouwense »

I don't follow your proposed solution. I went to the file that you quoted and I don't understand what you want the OP to do. Perhaps the OP does but I am a little slow. Anyway you want him (or her) to change something when it says
# lxpanel <profile> config file. Manually editing is not recommended? Am I in the wrong file?
Rex
luxudueu

Post by luxudueu »

Rex Bouwense wrote:Am I in the wrong file?
In right file you are. Manually editing not recommended, but as the second line states, use preference dialog in lxpanel to adjust config when you can. To change this there is only manual way, or even more manual - actually I had to download LXPanel source to find the solution :geek:

Maybe I should have bold it, so again. Adding that "tintcolor" line after link to menubutton image does the trick. By default it doesn't exist, and highlight uses default color which is (surprise) blue.
Plugin {
type = menu
Config {
image=/usr/share/lubuntu/images/lubuntu-logo.png
tintcolor=#ff0000 (red in this case)
system {
Rex Bouwense

Post by Rex Bouwense »

Got it. Thanks. Hope the OP is still interested.
Rex
luxudueu

Post by luxudueu »

No problem. If not OP maybe someone else finds this usefull. Found this thread by Google anyway.

Thanks for replys, Rex. Not really helping but made a nice landing on the new board:) I think that I could spend more time at here, refresh my poor euro-english, and help some newbies (and why not advanced ones too) in problems. Just love LXDE, kind of Openbox ˆ2.
reblues

Post by reblues »

Wow, thanks so much luxudueu, that's exactly what I was lookin for. Sorry for not answering before but I've been quite busy lately! I'm goin to flag this topic as solved.