Menu button mouseover highlight color

The standard panel of LXDE - http://wiki.lxde.org/en/LXPanel
reblues

Menu button mouseover highlight color

Post by reblues »

Hello everybody
I searched for this answer but with no luck. On Lubuntu, no matter what GTK Theme and Menu Icon I use, the mouseover highlight color is always bluish. How can I change that?

Ciao
Renato
Rex Bouwense

Re: Menu button mouseover highlight color

Post by Rex Bouwense »

Welcome to the LXDE forum.
Navigate Main menu->Preferences->Customize Look and Feel. Then select the color tab and navigate down to and select Use customized color scheme. Then click on Selected Items under Background. Choose your color from the outside ring and then choose the hue from the triangle on the inside. Click OK and Apply and you have changed the color (hopefully).
Rex
reblues

Post by reblues »

Thank You Rex, I had tried that already but it seems that it only affects the GTK theme, it seems that the menu button has its own color scheme but I can't figure out how to modify it.

Renato
Rex Bouwense

Post by Rex Bouwense »

I just changed the color of my menu background color from the default blue to red then to some terrible shade of green and finally to a purple using the procedure that I posted. Perhaps we are talking about two different items. I thought you were talking about the menu button on the extreme left hand side of the LXPanel and those were the instructions that I gave you.
Rex
reblues

Post by reblues »

Actually what the procedure you described does is to change the color of the highlighted menu item. What I meant was this: when you put the pointer over the menu button, you notice that it get brighter, or, depending on the menu button icon used, a little "bluish", or a blue shadow. No matter what GTK theme is used this shadow is always bluish. I would like t know if there is a procedure to change it.

Ciao
Renato
Rex Bouwense

Post by Rex Bouwense »

I am terribly sorry. I read in to your post what I wanted to see. You are talking only about the menu icon (which is blue - so you get a brighter blue when you mouse over). If you want a different color I believe that you have to get a different colored icon for the LXDE Menu icon. Unfortunately I do not know how to change the color of the icon itself. Perhaps there is someone else that can provide assistance.
Rex
reblues

Post by reblues »

I tried different icons of different colors which I made or found on the Internet: the mouseover color is alwais a blue shadow. I guess the hexa code of this color is written in some hidden xml file. If I only knew where to find it:-)

Thank You anyway

Ciao
Renato
luxudueu

Post by luxudueu »

Solved? Having the same issue. About everything can be easily modified, but that "start" menu hover is always blue. Discovered whole filestructure but can't find where's that determined. Working on 3-pack of Lubuntu(+Crunchbang) optimized OB/GTK-themes, which none of them aren't blue. Argh.

A bit off topic, where should i look to jump into development of LXDE/Lubuntu (visual side mostly, can do some coding)? Websites i've been looking seems to pretty chaotic in information.
Rex Bouwense

Post by Rex Bouwense »

Welcome to the lxde forum and yes you are a bit (a lot actually) off topic. Not a really big deal so the lxde powers that be probably will not come down too hard on you. (That was a badly phrased attempt at LXDE humor.) Anyway, you can find the information you are looking for at this web site:
http://lxde.org/join_lxde_community
Rex
luxudueu

Post by luxudueu »

Solved. It's in the panel config file (.config/lxpanel/Lubuntu/panels). Manually add line "tintcolor", instead of "tint" I found from lxpanel example.

Code: Select all

Plugin {
    type = menu
    Config {
        image=/usr/share/lubuntu/images/lubuntu-logo.png
        tintcolor=#ff0000 (red in this case)
        system {