Desktop Pager shows small white rectangle

The standard panel of LXDE - http://wiki.lxde.org/en/LXPanel
SteveDee

Desktop Pager shows small white rectangle

Post by SteveDee »

I'm using Lubuntu 14.04.1 and have just noticed this problem.

It seems repeatable if I follow this sequence.
-Start a desktop session
-deliberately switch to desktop 4 (of 4)
-start an app (e.g. Galculator)
-a little rectangle appears on pager 1 in task bar

I can move the app window around on desktop 4, and see it move on pager 1
Rex Bouwense

Re: Desktop Pager shows small white rectangle

Post by Rex Bouwense »

Welcome to the LXDE forum. I split your post off from the thread to make its own thread since the thread was quite old and it appeared to be resolved. I attempted to replicate your problem and was only successful when I opened galculator. Other applications do not show the rectangle. I did notice that I can only see galculator on desktop #4 even though the rectangle appears on desktop #1. Is that what you are experiencing?
Rex
SteveDee

Post by SteveDee »

Yes, but it's not only calculator. I chose this because it opens a small window.
I actually spotted the problem using remmina.
It's even worse on raspian where the pages get mixed up, but that may be just an old version of lxde.
SteveDee

Post by SteveDee »

Actually, looking at the pager icons on Lubuntu 14.04 again, it looks like there are more issues. These icons should indicate which desktop is currently selected/active, and which contain application windows. In the attached illustration I have 4 desktops, and I've selected number 4 (as shown by the tooltip "desktop 4") and by the dark blue colour of pager icon 4.
lxdePager.png
(143.85 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Pager icon 1 shows a white background due to Firefox running a window at full size. Within this icon is a dark box caused by an open terminal window. Unfortunately the terminal window is on desktop 4, not desktop 1.

I originally added my comments to the previous thread because the last post said that the desktop pager was now fixed on Lubuntu 14.04, which I don't think is the case.

On a fresh install of Raspbian (on a RaspberryPi) the default is 2 desktops. Loading an app on desktop 1 shows up on pager icon 2. And apps on 2 appear on pager 1.

I don't really care about these issues. I love lxde for its light-weight simplicity. And if the pager icons just indicated which desktop was active, that would be more than enough functionality....keep it light!
drooly

Post by drooly »

lxpanel has a wnck pager plugin, have you tried using that instead of the default pager plugin?
LStranger

Post by LStranger »

Sure thing, pager in latest LXPanel was changed but until you upgrade your LXPanel, you will get no changes. Using Lubuntu I would recommend you to go at https://launchpad.net/~lubuntu-dev/+arc ... ntu-daily/ and follow instructions to use that PPA to upgrade your panel.