pcmanfm - no thumbnails, no gpicview

The dedicated forum for PCMan File Manager - http://wiki.lxde.org/en/PCManFM
bulkley

pcmanfm - no thumbnails, no gpicview

Post by bulkley »

My PCmanFM has stopped working properly. It no longer does thumbnails. All JPGs are now represented by a gear. Clicking a gear brings up a virus scanner; I have to manually enter gpicview. I'm sure this is some configuration on my machine that has to be fixed. Can someone tell me where?

Debian, Openbox.
bulkley

Re: pcmanfm - no thumbnails, no gpicview

Post by bulkley »

PCManFM is behaving so poorly that I have had to install Thunar. I will continue to use Thunar until I can find an answer to this problem.

Which icon theme is preferred? I'm using Tango which was working well.
bulkley

Post by bulkley »

Nobody else here having trouble with pcmanfm? There's at least one Debian bug report on it.
maces

Post by maces »

Hi

You can change the application, your images are opened with, by clicking right on the files in PCManFM and choose properties (lowest). Than choose the application you want in the drop down menu.

maces
bulkley

Post by bulkley »

maces wrote:You can change the application, your images are opened with, by clicking right on the files in PCManFM and choose properties (lowest). Than choose the application you want in the drop down menu.
Yes, but it doesn't remember anymore. Each and every time I have to go through the same process.
bulkley

Post by bulkley »

Thank you somebody. A fresh pcmanfm just came down through the Debian Squeeze repository and it works properly. There must have been a conflict somewhere.