preferences written to ~/.config/.., read from /usr/share/..

The dedicated forum for PCMan File Manager - http://wiki.lxde.org/en/PCManFM
tupfzom

preferences written to ~/.config/.., read from /usr/share/..

Post by tupfzom »

I compiled libfm and PCManFM from a git checkout and am now experiencing problems with the .conf files. When I change something in the Preferences dialogue, those changes are written to

Code: Select all

~/.config/pcmanfm/LXDE/pcmanfm.conf
, but on the next login, the preferences are read from /usr/share/lxde/pcmanfm/LXDE.conf. When I start PCManFM with

LANG=C pcmanfm
then preferences are written to

~/.config/pcmanfm/default/pcmanfm.conf
Before I had the pcmanfm version from the Ubuntu Maverick repos (0.9.7) where the preferences were read/written from/to

~/.config/pcmanfm/LXDE/pcmanfm.conf
if I'm remembering this correctly (I did't try LANG=C pcmanfm there). I removed this version.

I'm hesitant to file a bug report, maybe there is something I'm missing?

Thomas W.
tupfzom

Re: preferences written to ~/.config/.., read from /usr/shar

Post by tupfzom »

As a workaround I replaced /usr/share/lxde/pcmanfm/LXDE.conf with a symbolic link to ~/.config/pcmanfm/LXDE/pcmanfm.conf

sudo rm /usr/share/lxde/pcmanfm/LXDE.conf
sudo ln -s ~/.config/pcmanfm/LXDE/pcmanfm.conf /usr/share/lxde/pcmanfm/LXDE.conf
But if there's more than one user account on the machine, that's certainly not what you want.
tupfzom

Re: preferences written to ~/.config/.., read from /usr/shar

Post by tupfzom »

Simply deleting /usr/share/lxde/pcmanfm/LXDE.conf does the job, too. The preferences will then be read from ~/.config/pcmanfm/LXDE/pcmanfm.conf. It seems the order the preferences are read is wrong. I'll report this as a bug.