using guake as default terminal

The dedicated forum for PCMan File Manager - http://wiki.lxde.org/en/PCManFM
facucosta

using guake as default terminal

Post by facucosta »

hello, I started using lxde a couple of weeks and it's great :). However I changed the default terminal to guake and I'm not able to find the right command to use it with "Open current folder in terminal". I already tried "guake -e %s" (run the current command), "guake -t -e %s" (run the current command and toggle visibility) and "guake -t -n -e %s" (do all that and open a new tab) with no success. Guake appears but it's the same tab I had open before and it's not in the current directory folder as it should. The strangest thing is that if I run the exact same command from "Run" (in the main menu) Guake IS opened the way it should (in a new tab and in the directory I specify in the command).
Does anyone know which is the right command?
facucosta

Re: using guake as default terminal

Post by facucosta »

no one is using guake and had this same problem?
eo1oe

Re: using guake as default terminal

Post by eo1oe »

Hi, I have the same problem with lubuntu 11.04.
This might be guake problem tbh. when i try something like " guake -n newtab -e cd /home " or " guake -n newtab -e "cd /home" " it also ignores the command (it can't execute command which consists of more than 1 word, or whatever ). Will appreciate any help on this (although it's not lxde question).

And also i have two questions about guake in lubuntu. First, how do I set my system to use guake as default terminal emulator (for example to run custom .desktop launcher in guake not lxterm). When i do sudo update-alternatives --config x-terminal-emulator it doesn't show guake in the list, so how can i put it there?

And the second : why when i use Open with... Guake in terminal for .sh files it just opens new tab in guake and doesn't execute the script.

Will appreciate any help.

P.S. On Mint LXDE 11 I had no such problems with guake.