Bug - two similar model pendrive mounted one after another

The dedicated forum for PCMan File Manager - http://wiki.lxde.org/en/PCManFM
marmarc

Bug - two similar model pendrive mounted one after another

Post by marmarc »

when I use two similar model pendrives (Kingston DataTraveler) some problem occurs.
1. I plug pendrive no 1 (Kingston DataTraveler). It's mounted to /media/KINGSTON and I can see files and folders in main directory of pendrives No 1.
2. I unmount and unplug pendrive No 1.
3. I plug pendrive no 2 (Kingston DataTraveler too). It's mounted to /media/KINGSTON and I still see files and folders in main directory of pendrives No 1. I see the same files and folders I've seen when pendrive No 1 was mounted.
I mounted and unmounted pendrives several times but situation not change - I can't see files and folders in pendrive No 2.
I don't know how to solve this problem. I did: I opened main folder of pendrive No 2 with Nautilus.

I hope you understand me.
M.
athlon xp 1800+, ram 768 m, lubuntu 11.10
Rex Bouwense

Re: Bug - two similar model pendrive mounted one after anoth

Post by Rex Bouwense »

What happened when you opened the second flash drive? Did it have similar contents? I have a bunch of flash drives but unfortunately only one Kingston Data Traveler so I cannot test that. However, I have several SanDisk flash drives and there doesn't seem to be a problem with them.
Rex
abalon

Post by abalon »

Same problem here, with a generic USB device
Also it happens with the CD and DVD
I have the reboot the PC so that he recognizes the new device after me, this is very little practical.
M_Mynaardt

Post by M_Mynaardt »

marmarc wrote:when I use two similar model pendrives (Kingston DataTraveler) some problem occurs.
1. I plug pendrive no 1 (Kingston DataTraveler). It's mounted to /media/KINGSTON and I can see files and folders in main directory of pendrives No 1.
2. I unmount and unplug pendrive No 1.
3. I plug pendrive no 2 (Kingston DataTraveler too). It's mounted to /media/KINGSTON and I still see files and folders in main directory of pendrives No 1. I see the same files and folders I've seen when pendrive No 1 was mounted.
I mounted and unmounted pendrives several times but situation not change - I can't see files and folders in pendrive No 2.
I don't know how to solve this problem. I did: I opened main folder of pendrive No 2 with Nautilus.

I hope you understand me.
M.
Are the volume labels the same for both? If both drives have the same volume label, maybe that's causing a problem.

I have lots of flash drives and I try to keep the volume names all different as a matter of course. But that's just for my own benefit, so I can remember what the basic purpose of a flash drive is.
~*~ M_Mynaardt ~*~

LXDE is your computer's Friend!
Always trust LXDE!