.Trash-1000 folder problem

The dedicated forum for PCMan File Manager - http://wiki.lxde.org/en/PCManFM
malkedmilk

.Trash-1000 folder problem

Post by malkedmilk »

When deleting a file/files, from either a USB thumbdrive or external hard disk, a .Trash-1000 folder is generated. This folder is empty, but cannot be deleted.

When I do try to delete it I instead get this windowed message:
"The file operation is finished, but there are some errors.

Some errors occurred:
.Trash-1000: Unable to trash file: Invalid argument"

This problem occurs in both Lubuntu 9.10 and 12.04

The solution provided in this thread does not work for me.
http://forum.lxde.org/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=31771
Rex Bouwense

Re: .Trash-1000 folder problem

Post by Rex Bouwense »

Please do not double post. The .Trash-1000 file is a hidden file on your flash drive. It is normal for it to be there (on the flash drive). If you were to delete it it would be re-generated the next time that you deleted a file on the flash drive. At least that has been my experience. When empty it doesn't take up any room. Just be sure to empty your trash before you un-mount the flash drive and it will stay empty.
Welcome to the LXDE forums.
Rex
malkedmilk

Post by malkedmilk »

I'm sorry for the double post. I missed the moderated posts message as I tend to browse with multiple tabs open.

I thought the permanent presence of the .Trash-1000 folder was a bug because it can be deleted under:

Nautilus/Gnome
Thunar/Openbox
Thunar/XFCE

I'm using Lubuntu because I wanted an Ubuntu based distro with a lightweight DE. It looks like my solution is to install Linux Mint XFCE instead.

Thanks for the info.
Rex Bouwense

Post by Rex Bouwense »

If you are unhappy with LXDE (Lubuntu), you can always install Xubuntu (which is basically Ubuntu with the XFCE desktop). However, I have found that the more that I use operating systems that use LXDE the more I like them. They are super fast. I guess it just depends upon what you are planning to use your computer for and your personal likes and dislikes.
Rex